Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Controlled Chaos


I’m a wife, a mother, a pet owner, a cook, a maid, a referee, a chauffeur, and a writer. In short, I’m a Domestic Engineer, and I love it!
I have 2 young children: "Missy" and "Budboy." They are 17 months apart. Sometimes, I think we were crazy to have them so close in age. Sometimes, I think we were brilliant! We also have a Jack Russell Terrier, Donner; a siamese cat, Klaus; and 2 hermit crabs, Sebastian and Flounder.
Life is chaos most of the time. From a daughter who likes to shriek and a son who likes to growl, to the electronic toys that seem to be in constant motion and song, our home is never quiet. With my husband being in the Army, our schedule is in constant flux and we never know how long we are going to be in any given location (we have had 6 different homes in the five years we have been married).  
In all of this, I want to control the chaos. But I also want to let my kids to be kids. I don’t want to squelch their spirits. I want Missy to believe she really is a princess, a kitty, a grown-up, a character in Berry Bitty City, whatever it is she is imagining at that moment. I want Budboy to really believe he is a tiger, or a lion, or a bear…. he’s always growling… I think he really thinks he’s an animal! 
The ride is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment