Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I've Been Nominated!!





My friend in both real life and the bloggy world, Renee at Blissful Days Ahead has nominated me for the very prestigious (not really... but I can pretend, right?!) Liebster Award!!


So here is how it works… bloggers award other bloggers who they deem as “up and coming” and have less than 200 followers. It’s a nice way to help other bloggers increase their visibility and it’s kinda like a “get to know you.” If you receive a Liebster you must tell 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions asked by the nominating blogger, and nominate 11 new bloggers. Then you ask those bloggers 11 questions that they will answer. {Don’t forget to tell the new bloggers you have nominated them!}


11 Things About Me:

1. I'm rather neurotic... I think I hide this fact quite well... but to know me is to know that I'm crazy... :) Oh well... I can't help it!

2. I'm fiercly protective over those that I love. This includes my pets... :) Don't hurt them... not even the crabs!

3. I have Gephyrophobia. It's bad. I've had it as long as I can remember but it has gotten better... I can now drive over small bridges!

4. I love Vietnamese food! Its my favorite and my comfort. My best friend's mom is THE BEST Vietnamese cook ever!! I also love sushi and other Japanese foods. And Thai... LOVE Thai. I could eat Asian Food every day and be okay!

5. I am indecisive.

6. The Hubs and I met, started dating, got engaged, and were married all in about 1 years time.

7. I have neurocardiogenic syncope... a pretty bad case of it... but I am able, for the most part, to monitor without medication.

8. I have a passion for DIY... but I'm just learning how to do it. Thank goodness for Pinterest!!

9. Missy, in all her sassiness, strong-willed-ness, goofiness, is a carbon copy of myself. I have no one else to blame.

10. In high school I was a "jock", a "nerd", and homecoming queen.  Such an odd combination.  Now... I don't think I'm any of those.  :)

11. My 3rd grade teacher told me that I was the biggest worry-wart that she had ever met. It shocked me! But I still can't stop worrying incessantly about E V E R Y T H I N G!!



The Questions Asked of Me:

1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?

My favorite thing about blogging is the outlet. My brain never shuts off! It just goes and goes and goes. Blogging helps me get my thoughts out of my head.

2. What is your favorite thing about yourself?

ooh... hard one! I guess I like my neuroses. They make me me. I am scheduled and a stickler for certain things... but I'm also almost loyal to a fault.

3. If you could have a super power what would it be?

To be able to put all the toys away with the wiggle of my nose like Samantha in Bewitched or with the snap of a finger like Mary Poppins. (The toy clutter DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!)

4. What state do you live in?

I live in Georgia but am originally from California.

5. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Lots of memories involving my sister... we did a lot of crazy stuff... and were pretty much inseparable.

6. What is your biggest fear?

Other than bridges over water? ;) I have a fear of not leaving a legacy behind.

7. If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would it be?

I would love to go back to Prague. Or visit Norway... or Italy... or Vietnam... or Japan... or... France... or... lets just say I want to see more of the world.

8. What is your favorite color?

Yellow, teal/turquoise, white, green... I love color...

9. What is your favorite food?

Asian: Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai

10. Do you do anything crafty? Tell us about it.

I really want to learn to sew on a sewing machine. But things I already know how to do: cross-stitch (haven't done it in years), scrapbook, paint, crafty things in general, jewelry making, cooking (thats kinda crafty, right?)

11. Name the top 5 things on your bucket list.

uh... Travel to more places, learn to speak a language fluently, own a home, stay in one place with the family for more than 5 years, go on a cruise (but NOT one that goes near the Bermuda Triangle... too scared) ... I can't think of other things... I'm not an adrenaline junkie... I kinda run from those things... so traveling... and learning new things are on my bucket list...



My Nominees(Some of them I'm not sure how "up and coming" they are or if they have "already arrived"... but oh well):

Keepin Up With the Smiths

Fruitful Living

Figuring Out How the Pieces Fit

The HeART

Silly Incantations

Tickles & Tots

Tidbits from the Queen of Chaos

Reporting for Duty: Mommyhood

A Small Snippet

Adventures in the Fort

Teach Pray Love



My Questions to Them:

1. When did you start blogging?

2. What do you love about blogging?

3. What is one of your quirks?

4. Favorite coffee/tea?

5. When you get a few moments for yourself, what do you do?

6. Where do you live?

7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

8. You has had a big influence in your life?

9. Favorite book?

10. Are you a crafty person? If so, what do you like to do?

11. What is your favorite part about this holiday season?


When you have completed your questions make sure to put a link on my Facebook page or comment back here! I would love to read your answers!

Until Next Time,

~Monica

4 comments:

  1. Haha! This made me laugh , Congrats on the nomination !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! I thought of some of these questions with you in mind... ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination Monica! I just finished my post if you'd like to check it out. :) http://teachprayloveadventures.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html
    Merry Christmas!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny you mentioned your fear for crossing bridges, cause every time I go to Woodland to see my cousins I think of you as I cross the bridge and wonder how you are handling bridges now :)

    ReplyDelete